Thursday, January 27, 2011

Out With The Old, In With The New?

I suppose to actually give this blog a chance of existing in my life I actually have to use it. I'm still unsure as to if I actually enjoy the fact that anyone could read this.
Regardless, I'm still going to give it a chance.

The place that I live now is awesome for a "first college apartment".  It has the perfect amount of space for me, my dog and my things.  The distance from my apartment to Kennesaw State is ideal for someone like me who drives a huge truck that eats gas like its nothing, not to mention the millions of stores that are literally a stones through from the front door. 
Unfortunately, it has run the course on the novelty that it possessed when I first moved in. It's not that I'm not grateful for having been able to live here for the year that I did, because I am incredibly grateful for this opportunity. There are things that I've noticed over the year though, that have made me more than willing to move out. 

The parking in the complex that I live in is atrocious at nights. During the day most people are either in school or working, so the parking is obviously not a problem. Like any normal college student I enjoy going out with my friends at night and having a good time. To do this where I live now I have to be prepared to walk from the "clubhouse" to my apartment when I get home. Call me odd but at one or two in the morning I'd prefer to be able to just walk from my car into my apartment, not up a hill and down a few streets.
The one other main thing that I've noticed about the place I live is that the people below me smoke. Now I typically don't have an issue with people smoking even though I don't smoke, and I don't like the smell of smoke. My concern comes in when everything I have starts smelling like smoke because the people that live in the apartment beneath mine smoke like chimneys. I understand it's their right to be able to smoke in their apartment, but good God please get an air filter or something. If I walk into my apartment and hit a wall of smoke I can only imagine what theirs must smell like. I enjoy not smelling like an ashtray thank you very much, please go smoke outside.

Anyway, this has all taught me to be very careful as to where I choose to live next. I should probably get a few more reviews and talk to the neighbors before signing a contract.

No comments:

Post a Comment